Sunday 21 October 2012

Eclectic Ellapu: Purple Team Challenge (Week 2)

Hi there,
I'm back with my creation for this week's Eclectic Ellapu Challenge. This awesome challenge blog started for the first time last week and the DT is super excited about all the entries we received!

This week's challenge is all about Halloween. Since I don't own any Halloween stamps or goodies, I had to improvise. Have a look:



I cut the large orange circle, the scalloped circle and the yellow moon with my Cuttlebug and some Spellbinders dies and used some circle punches (different sizes) to make the spider's head and body. I wanted the spider to have a fuzzy look, and added black flock (you can't really see that too well in the picture). I used Tombow liquid glue for the flock. Lastly, I added the googly eyes and some baker's twine from The Twinery for the legs. The silver twine is some embroidery thread from my stash. I added the sentiment using some glittery alphabet also stickers from my stash. All cardstock is by GinaK Designs.

Thanks for popping in. Do hop over to the other ladies' blogs to have a nosey and don't forget to play along!

Hugs,
M

6 comments:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Go team purple!!! Fab job on improvising a really cute and cool Halloween card - love it :)

Andria said...

This is brilliant and shows you dont always need stamps to make a fab card x

Patricia said...

Hey Madleen! This weeks challenge seems to have been a double challenge for you. I love punch art so I really enjoyed your card!

Suzie's Card Den said...

What a great idea, you have really been creative.
Hugs
Suzie xx

NanaConnie said...

I generally hate spiders, but this one is too cute to worry about him. :-D Maybe it's the googly eyes, but it's ever so clever. Love it. :-D

Paula said...

Really clecer card I love the spider and hisgoogly eyes
Paula DT