Sunday 15 April 2012

GinaK Designs - Card Swap #1

Hi guys,
I'm back today to share with you some of the cards I've created for the latest GinaK Designs Card Swap. If you click on the link, it will take you to the challenge and you can get all the 'deets' there. This round of swaps are due on 29 June, but I've had to start mine early as I have a very busy programme over the next month or so. More on that later.
The swap has three categories and I chose to participate in all three. One of the categories is to create cards using the colours of your country's flag.
This is the NZ flag:

These are the first two cards I created:
   
I've been itching to create something with the GinaK Make a 'state' ment stamps but haven't had the opportunity yet - I'm hoping to use this set for some scrapbooking at some stage. I am quite happy with how these cards turned out. Here are some close-ups of the glossy accents:
 

I created the next two cards using the GinaK Funny Farm stamps :
I paper-pieced her gumboots and dungarees pocket and added dots with my silver gel pen for 'bling'.

I added glossy accents to his gumboots and coloured the rake with a silver gel pen.

These are the last two cards, using the GinaK Vogue Vases stamp set:

I paper-pieced the vase and added glossy accents and stickles to the flower petals. I also double stamped the flowers, fussy cut one set and glued it on top of the other. The red rhinestones and blue ribbon add the final touch.

Thanks for looking. Do come back soon as I'll have the cards for the other two themes up within the next few days. Oh yes, I almost forgot to tell you, I've been asked to take a cardmaking class for the ladies at church one morning this week! That's quite daunting as I usually attend the classes not teach them! LOL I'll let you know how it went!

Catch you soon!
Hugs,
M

No comments: