Friday 20 April 2012

Art Deco & Other

Hi All,
Today I'm sharing a few new creations with you. I made some Art Deco cards a while back and you can view them in this post. The images are wood mounted rubber stamps from Hastings Rubber Stamps.


 

I also taught my very first cardmaking class yesterday! I was so excited and wanted to get the ladies to make something easy, yet effective. My first stop (yet again, LOL) was Melanie Muenchinger's 'A Year of Flowers' book and stamp set. I can't get enough of the book and all the ideas. The ladies couldn't stop drooling over the cards in the book and the card we made was such a big hit! If you have Melanie's book, you will find this card on p.40:


We stamped the entire card using Tim Holtz distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Barn Door and Peeled Paint. We also used pink and green coloured pencils to colour the flowers and leaves. I added the ribbon to my card (the ladies didn't) just for a bit of extra, and also put some Glossy Accents on the ladybug to give it more dimension.

Please don't be shy about leaving comments, as I always appreciate your feedback! 
See you soon!
Hugs,
M

2 comments:

Cheryl Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Madeleen! I can feel a CASE coming on. LOL

Seriously, I really am going to have to get Melanie's "A Year of Flowers" book. I've seen so many fabulous cards that have been inspired (or CASE'd) by her book.

Angelica Schmidt said...

Such Beautiful cards! Great casing! Love Melanie's book myself! Love the ribbon addition! Have a great weekend! God Bless You! Angie