Sunday 15 April 2012

Altered Art

Hi,
I'm back today to show you my latest creation. I purchased a set of 4 box frames last year and used two at the time, but the other two have been sitting in a cupboard. Well, since I've taken over the spare bedroom and turned it into a craft room, I've been working on making it look more 'crafty'. I decided to use the two left over frames to make some art for my room:


My room's colour scheme is black, cream & lime green (my Cuttlebug kinda had a say in that LOL). I made this one a few months ago and used stamps from the GinaK Springtime Silhouette stamp set. The one flower stamp is from the GinaK Various Verses set. I stamped the two butterflies in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the flowers were stamped with the 'thumping' technique. The cardstock is pure luxury from GinaK and is in Ivory and lime green.


I decided to do something totally different for the second frame and cut two squares using GinaK pure luxury cardstock in Black Onyx for the two squares to use as a background. I die cut the green butterflies from some DP, using Spellbinders butterfly dies and added some pearlies for dimension. The other butterflies are from the GinaK Whimsical Spring stamp set and I stamped them onto GinaK pure luxury Ivory cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used a green glitter pen to add some bling.

Thanks for looking!
Hugs,
M

No comments: