I'm back with my take on this week's Free for all Friday challenge over at StampTV. My husband asked me to make a baby card for one of his work colleagues and it just so happened that Michelle is running a baby card challenge this week. We don't know the gender of the baby as it's only due in February, so I tried to keep it kind of neutral:
1. Cut your base cardstock to the desired size. Mine is the standard 4.25" x 8.5" scored at 4.25" and folded in half.
2. Trim the DP, layer and machine stitch. (When I know I'm going to do some stitching, I still dab a bit of glue when layering the DP as I do not want anything to move during stitching.) Ink the edges using Tim Holtz distress ink in Milled Lavender and put aside.
3. Die cut the scalloped circles using the Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles, Cuttlebug and the DP. Layer and glue.
4. Stamp small pennants onto the DP using the Perfect Pennants stamp set. Fussy cut.
5. Die cut the lacey pennants using the Spellbinders Lacey Nested Pennants and the Cuttlebug. Glue the stamped pennants onto the lacey pennants.
6. Push the flower brads through the holes in the buttons and secure onto purple trim. (I was able to push them through the trim and secure on the back.)
7. Glue pennants onto purple trim, using a Quickie glue pen.
8. Glue stitched DP onto cardstock. Glue scalloped circles onto DP.
9. Arrange the pennants onto the scalloped circles and secure with foam dots and glue dots.
10. Add glitter dots using a Sakura gel pen in Purple Star.
Thanks for looking!
MTools & Products:
Cardstock: Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury in Creme de Menthe (for base card) and Lovely Lavender, Vibrant Violet & Creme de Menthe for pennants
DP: Vintage Vogue (Collage)
Image: Gina K. Designs Perfect Pennants by Tami Mayberry
Spellbinders: Shapeabilities (Nested Lacey Pennants) and Nestabilities (Classic Scalloped Circles Small)
Ledah TM-10 paper trimmer
Purple trim, buttons, foam mounting squares & flower brads - own stash
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz in Milled Lavender
Sakura gel pen: Purple Star
Dot 'n Go glue dots
Spin Eco Permanent Glue Tape